Hamilton Community Legal Clinic is a community based not for profit agency whose diverse team of caring professionals and volunteers provides legal services to low income individuals and communities to promote access to justice and to improve quality of life.
We do this through: summary advice and referral, representation, community development, law reform and public legal education.
Hamilton Community Legal Clinic will be recognized and valued as an important provider of poverty law services and advocate for social change.
Our Core Values
We are committed to the empowerment of individuals and the communities within Hamilton by upholding the following values as we engage in our mission:
Trust, respect and integrity
- We are reliable, and accountable for our actions.
- Our services are delivered in a professional and ethical manner.
- We are committed to delivering equitable and consistent service.
- Honesty, openness and transparency are the hallmarks of the way we conduct ourselves.
- We are committed to effective governance.
Equity, diversity and inclusion
- We provide accessible, equitable and inclusive services.
- We demonstrate empathy in our interactions with others.
- We are a bilingual (English/French) organization.
Members, volunteers and community
- The valuable work of volunteers and contributions of our membership enable us to provide quality services.
- We collaborate with organizations and agencies to engage in community partnerships that enhance client service and promote access to justice.
- We are a visible presence in Hamilton as we provide access to justice.
Leadership, excellence and innovation
- We strive for excellence and provide quality services.
- We foster leadership at all levels.
- We are committed to the efficient, effective and responsible use of funding.
- We focus on sustainable services.
- We work on maintaining and enhancing our relationship with our funder.
- We support proactive professional development for all staff.
- We pursue innovation in our services by responding to the changing needs of Hamilton’s diverse community.
Our Strategic Plan
Download our 2017-2021 Strategic Plan